You’re finally in high school and your first Homecoming dance is only a few weeks away. You’ve longed for this moment, to but your first formal dress and go with your friends, but now that it’s here, it feels overwhelming. However, you should definitely go with a group of friends, regardless if you have a date or not because you don’t want to miss out on these high school rituals.
So how do you survive your first formal dance and manage to get noticed? You can gather homecoming survival tips here, and I’ll impart some more words of wisdom so you’ll look stunning and have fun at your big night.
- Get some idea on what to wear. There are a lot of ideas and inspirations you can get from browsing the internet. You can check out some of your favorite women celebrities on Facebook and Instagram.
- Begin your hunt for Homecoming dresses early and visit the Peaches Boutique store in Chicago, IL. The storefront carries an excellent selection of both short and long homecoming dresses so you’ll be able to look at and try on an array of dresses.
- Select your dress, remembering some key points. Bring a list of dresses you like with you to the store and try on several of them. This ensures that you’ll take time to analyze which styles look the best on you and won’t rush and buy the first one you see. Generally, Homecoming dresses are shorter than Prom dresses and often include sparkly sequins. Some of this year’s trends include:
- Colorful fit and flare dresses. These dresses and fun and flirty and are easy to move around the dance floor in. This year, vivid shades of red and yellow are hot, as well as pop of pink and blue. Either the Mori Lee Sticks & Stones A Line Short Dress 9406 or the Sherri Hill Short Open Back A Line Dress 50690 would work. The Mori Lee dress is more subtle with only a beaded waistband and made of satin, while the Sherri Hill dress features a high-cut neckline, a beaded bodice, and a flared chiffon skirt.
- Bandage style dresses. These lace bandage dresses are trendy and sexy. Try the Rachel Allan Dress 3123 if you want to look dramatic in a fitted lace bandage dress. With a dark teal dress and a black lace overlay and intricate beading, you’ll definitely make an appearance.
- Fitted Jersey dresses. These dresses hug your curves beautifully and the material is one of the most comfortable to dance in. Try the Blush Jersey Fitted Dress C365 as it includes multiple fashion trends such as pops of bright blue, sparkly, and it’s a sexy two-piece.
- Plan your beauty look for Homecoming. According to gurl.com, you don’t want anything too crazy for Homecoming. You really want to stay true to your roots and avoid getting any crazy new haircuts or color jobs close to the dance. While you can opt for an up-do, it’s often easier to just go for some tousled waves and a natural, sexy look.
- Coordinate make-up with your skin tone versus your dress. Again, it’s often better to stay more natural but if you want to add bolder colors you may want to go for a trial with a professional make-up artist, who will know which shades of eye shadow make your eyes pop or if pink or red lipstick works best with your skin tone and your dress.
- Leave the stilettos behind. You want comfortable shoes to spend time mingling and dancing the night away.
With these tips, you’ll ready for your first Homecoming dance. However, the most important thing to getting noticed is your attitude. As long as you’re having fun, someone will note what a cool chick you are.