In today’s world, looking young and beautiful has become the mantra of achievement. According to a feature in Forbes, success and bigger pay packets are linked to slimmer figures, height, and youthful, more attractive looks. Statistics show that more attractive women may make up to 10% more in salaries each year. That’s also the reason why every year, around 73% women opt to go under the knife – to maintain their good looks. And, their jobs.
Though, getting plastic surgery just for a job isn’t a great decision especially since opting for Botox treatments in Los Angeles may be a far less invasive measure that’s safer with more predictable results.
How Did We Get Here Anyway?
We’ve all been there since high school and college. All the hottest guys, especially that hunk of a quarterback would look past you when eyeing the sexy cheerleaders. Even as you waited to be asked out to the prom, you’d tell yourself that the time would come when looking young and beautiful wouldn’t matter.
You always thought that when you stepped out of business school with that MBA degree under your belt, your talent, business acumen, hard work, and dedication would make up for the not-so-perfect looks and success would be at your feet. Fast forward to present times, and you find that the hotter girls get the promotions, salary hikes, and meatier projects more easily.
The Age Factor Also Counts
Age is another factor that might work against you. As you grow older and your experience levels rise, one would think that you’d be better qualified than the newbies for higher positions in your company. Dr. Gordon Patzer Ph.D. has spent 30 years studying how looks impact success. He says that older women are perceived as being less efficient, less energetic, and less capable of delivering as compared to their same-age male counterparts.
Ironically, Sometimes, the Flipside is Also True
Strangely enough, looking young and beautiful, to some extent, can also be a detrimental factor for success. Very often, people don’t take attractive women seriously. As CEO of PeopleResults, Patti Johnson says, “I find that this question of personal appearance is a double-edged sword for women—if women are too attractive it can work against them and they are sometimes not taken seriously, by men and women. But women who are attractive (as long as not too much) do get an edge in my experience.”
So, What Should be Your Next Move?
If looking young and beautiful isn’t the perfect recipe for success, what can give you that edge over the competition, male or female? Here are a few tips you might find useful:
- Talk about your accomplishments. It’s okay to let people know how awesome you are.
- Keep your ears open for criticism even when it isn’t directed at you. You’ll learn a lot.
- Build relationships. Networking is actually an effective tool.
- Believe in yourself and the skills you bring to the table. You will stand out eventually.
- Be proactive. Take on projects and responsibilities out of your comfort zone and deliver with flair.
- Common sense is a great asset. Works every time.
- Focus on getting results for your company. You will get noticed.
The Best Tip of All? Develop Confidence in Yourself
The best edge you can have over your competition is the confidence you display. Tell yourself that there’s no workplace challenge that you cannot overcome. Believe in your skills and that you’re entitled to every opportunity that comes your way. The confidence you radiate will have you looking young and beautiful. After all, the best secret to great looks is self-assurance.
Confidence is all about self-perception. If you think you’re the best, you’ll project that persona. If you think you’re looking young and beautiful, you’ll radiate charisma. Sometimes, all it takes is a little polish. Consider these simple tips.
- Wear makeup.Results of studies published in the National Center for Biotechnology Information have shown that women wearing makeup inspire trust. Viewers may also consider them to be more competent and reliable.
- Groom yourself carefully. Missing buttons, stray threads, and unkempt hair indicate a lack of attention to detail and carelessness in the work you do.
- Revamp your wardrobe. If you dress well, you’ll feel great, and it will show in the poise with which you conduct yourself.
And, Erase Those Signs of Stress
Working hard to create that perfect balance between your family, relationships, and career can take a toll on your looks. Stress and lack of adequate rest and sleep have the unfortunate effect of causing premature fine lines and wrinkles. Don’t let minor factors like these get in the way of attaining new heights of success in your career. All you need is a quick fix at the aesthetic center nearest to you. Botox injections work to erase the small signs of aging by preventing the skin from showing lines with your expressions. The procedure is simple, quick, won’t need you to take much time off work.
So, go ahead and take care of your looks and confidence. Keep feeling and looking young and beautiful. The world will be at your feet.