Rhinoplasty is more commonly known as the nose job. People have this surgery because they are unhappy about the overall look of their nose, finding it too large, too wide, or too lumpy. Additionally, a nose job can also be quite necessary because some people experience breathing problems that may also disrupt their sleep. Then, there are those who have to have revision surgery because their first procedure didn’t turn out the way they wanted to. Whatever your reasons for surgery, it is vital that you find the best rhinoplasty surgeon in Chicago.
Why You Need the Best Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Chicago
It is very important that you choose a surgeon that is professional and experienced. They will be able to make your nose look balanced, attractive, and natural so that it is in proportion to your other facial features. While a common procedure, it is also one of the most challenging ones because the nose is such a prominent feature on the face. Hence, this should not be left to someone who is inexperienced if you want to get the best results.
How to Find the Best Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Chicago
Here are a number of tips to help you find the best surgeon for your needs:
- Do your research online. This will ensure you develop realistic expectations, understand the limitations of the procedure, and start to understand some of the jargon that your physician is likely to use. This will also ensure that communication becomes better between you. Not just that, it is very easy to find surgeons online, thereby enabling you to compare them and find the one that is best suited to you.
- Check the surgeon’s medical license. Any good surgeon will be fully licensed and registered with relevant boards. The American Society of Plastic Surgeonsis one of the best boards to be a member of. Becoming board-certified means that the physician has been properly trained and is fully qualified to deliver the procedure.
- Ask about the surgeon’s experience. Find out how often the surgeon has completed rhinoplasty in the past and how many procedures they complete each year on average. Do also ask how successful they have been, finding out whether or not anyone has had to have revision surgery later on.
- Find out what a surgeon’s malpractice history is. If a surgeon has faced allegations of inconsistent outcomes, negligence, or other forms of malpractice, this is something to be concerned about. Your state’s medical board should hold all those records.
- Find out whether there are any reviews by any past patients. Naturally, positive reviews are always good to find, but it is also important to find the less satisfied ones so that you can see whether the surgeon has taken those seriously and has done what they can to resolve any issues.
- Check out the surgeon’s portfolio. They should have before and after images and will usually be more than happy to put you in touch with the people on those images as well.